The UK Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) has secured £5m for a major new international programme to develop research-industry partnerships between the UK and China in the creative industries. As part of this funding two research-industry workshops will be held in London, UK, and Shanghai, China, to examine the increasing role and potential of AI for music in the Music Industry and the Creative Industries in China and the UK.
The workshops will build partnerships leading directly to the development of future substantial funded collaborations between the UK and China in AI and music in the Creative Industries. To achieve this the workshops will map the current landscape of AI for music in the Creative Industries of UK and China, and examine questions including:
- What can be learnt from AI for music across Creative Industries;
- How data might be shared across sectors, countries, and cultures;
- How IP and business models are affected by AI;
- What skills are needed for AI in Creative Industries;
- How the impact of AI on Creative Industries might be measured.